Old 28-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Flavour and tomatoes

"Sue da Nimm" . wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message
Howard
R100RT
Formerly James Captain, A10, C15, B25, Dnepr M16 solo, R80/7, R100RT
(green!)

You had a James Captain? My first bike was a James Commando (in 1968,
although it was far from new) Much later I used to enjoy confusing

people
by
telling them my first bike was a commando :-))
Steve

I had a James Commodore, then a Triumph Cub, then a pre-unit Bonnie ...

and
then a husband who didn't approve

I had a Rudge when I was eight then a build when I was eighteen then it was
stolen and I couldn't race any more then a Carlton (passed on) then we went
to tandems because of sidecars, seats and trailers - I rode a Curly Hetchins
tandem solo when I was pregnant because I couldn't ride fixed wheel.

The bike I have at the moment doesn't have a name, well it might but I
haven't ridden it since my bc surgery. I'd like to ...

Mary

Old 28-03-2004, 10:35 PM
ned

Howard wrote:

Ha, just the group I need.

I would like to get hold of some tomato seeds that will produce
deliciously flavoured tomatoes.

No matter what the variety, the one vital ingredient guaranteed to
tantalise the taste buds is ..... liquid sheep purl manure,
colloquially referred to in days of yore as 'sheep dip.'

But I have no clue about where to start looking.

Find a sheep and you won't have to look far. ;-)

--
ned

Old 28-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Howard

Larry Stoter wrote:

Howard wrote:

Ha, just the group I need.

decent taste and only eat those we grow ourselves. Commercially produced
tomatoes really are tasteless and watery.

just the reason for my enquiry!

Old 28-03-2004, 11:14 PM
David Hill

I don't know how motor bikes got into this, but my first was a 197 James
then a 350 AJS then a 350 Matchless.
And to think that if I had put a side car on the Matchless then the Comp
insurance would have dropped 50% from £3.15s
to 37/6p per year.
Then went over to an old Morris 8 finally got rid of that when it wanted
another engine and I didn't think it was worth paying £25.00 for the local
garage to get an engine from the scrap yard, strip it down, rebuild and fit
it.

Now regarding Tomatoes with flavour, half the secrete is not to over feed
and over water them, grow them hard and you will have smaller, acid sweet
tomatoes. But if you have stomach problems you will be better off with Plumb
tomatoes, they have a much lower acid content, but take about 3 weeks longer
to come into fruit.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 29-03-2004, 02:17 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I ordered seven varieties noted for flavour from Chase (HDRA), they arrived
some time later than my visa was debited and I sowed them the same day in
exactly the same way as I always do, in the greenhouse.

That was two weeks ago. The lettuce, cabbage and sprouts have germinated but
not the tomatoes. I'm even more disgruntled now, the seeds were expensive
and there weren't many.

Unless your greenhouse is very well heated, you'll wait at least another
week, maybe a fortnight - unless we get a spell of really sunny weather.

Grrrrrrrrr

Don't be impatient. I would have planted them inside in trays or
individual pots.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 29-03-2004, 02:19 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "shazzbat" contains these words:

Howard
R100RT
Formerly James Captain, A10, C15, B25, Dnepr M16 solo, R80/7, R100RT
(green!)

You had a James Captain? My first bike was a James Commando (in 1968,
although it was far from new) Much later I used to enjoy confusing people by
telling them my first bike was a commando :-))

BSA Dandy (forced on me); G3 Matchless, several Matchless and AJS 500
singles; AJS 500 twin; 1938 & 1939 Velocettes, both MSS; 1929 KTT Velo';
1929 B29 (2¾HP) Douglas; D1 Bantam; ZB31 BSA; 1938 990cc V-twin sv AJS;
Douglas T35 Mk1; T35 Mk1 Trials; T35 Mk3; T35 Mk3 Sports; T35 Mk4; T35
Mk4 Sports; T35 Mk5; Plus Ninety; Dragonfly; 998cc Vincent Black B******
(all Lightning bits); Velocette Clubman's Venom; Triumph Trophy; now got
BMW R80.

There may have been more, but - oh yes, two Arial Red Hunters and a TSX.....