Old 30-03-2004, 10:42 AM
David W.E. Roberts

Default First lawn weed and feed of the year - when?

Hi,

when does a lawn qualify as 'growing strongly'?

Last year I managed to treat it just before a prolonged dry spell.

This didn't do a lot of good; in common with many lawns around here there
are bare patches in the lawn from last summer's drought.

These bare patches are being taken over by weeds which are growing faster
than the grass.

I seeded towards the end of last year but this doesn't seem to have filled
the holes (although the pigeons are looking plump).

So with this lovely burst of warm weather, it it a good time to give the
first treatment, or should I wait until I am having to mow twice a week?

TIA
Dave R

Old 30-03-2004, 12:41 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , David W.E.
Roberts writes
Hi,

when does a lawn qualify as 'growing strongly'?

When it could really do with mowing more than once a week.
Depending upon where you are and the conditions prevailing in any one
year, this could be from early March through to early May.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

lawn feed and weed goober Lawns 24 11-09-2007 12:59 AM
Spary on lawn feed and weed for large acreage? Chris United Kingdom 1 30-09-2006 06:27 PM
ok to feed and weed lawn now? R P McMurphy United Kingdom 2 26-08-2003 04:04 PM