Old 02-04-2004, 04:18 AM
andrewpreece

Default Helianthemum 'Ben More'

"Jeff" wrote in message
om...
I recently bought a Helianthemum 'Ben More' (AKA Rock Rose or Sun
Rose) & have potted it in coarse organic compost. It gets about 3½
hrs/day direct sunlight + several hours good level of ambient light.
Most of the leaves seem to have died off, although there are one or
two new ones appearing. There were several quite severe frosts a few
weeks ago. Any suggestions what I might have done wrong?

TIA, Jeff

I have a Ben More specimen, recently replanted as it was not doing
well in its old position. I read that Rock Roses do not like heavy clay
soil,
it really needs to be light and well drained, otherwise weak and straggly
specimens result. IIRC they also need a sunny position. My specimen
did not get badly frosted however, so I can't confirm whether this is a
possible reason for yours losing its leaves,

Andy.

Old 02-04-2004, 04:19 AM
Jeff

"andrewpreece" wrote in message ...
"Jeff" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Andy, I think I'll try repotting it. What does IIRC mean, in your message?

Jeff

Old 02-04-2004, 04:24 AM
andrewpreece

om...

"Jeff" wrote in message
[...]

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly! Lazy, but saves time typing.

Andy