GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A belated Helloooo! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/58248-belated-helloooo.html)

homer 06-04-2004 09:41 PM

A belated Helloooo!

I've just read the abc for newcomers post and thought I'd introduce myself.
I would have done it sooner but was in a panic over my lawn; see my lawn
murdering thread for more info.
so here's a little something about me
I'm a 29 year old gardening novice, my previous gardens have been concrete
with a hint of moss and a touch of weed. Before moving to my new house, my
gardening consisted of listening to gardening programmes on radio 4 and
watching the odd tv programme.
House is in West London, I think the garden is west facing as the sun sets
behind the shed and half the garden is in permanent shade.
I am currently off sick (having eye problems) so I get to spend my day
'gardening'. I didn't think I would find it so ......relaxing.
If you would like to know more about me, details are on ceefax page......
:)

hope I didn't bore you all too much!

JennyC 06-04-2004 09:42 PM

A belated Helloooo!

"homer" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome to URG Homer :~)
I'm curious what your 'gardening' has involved .................?
Jenny
town garden in Holland :
http://members.rott.chello.nl/ldejag...ex.welcome.htm

Christopher Norton 06-04-2004 09:47 PM

A belated Helloooo!

The message
from "homer" contains these words:

[...]

Nothing wrong with moss and weeds. I know a garden in Japan which is
called the Moss Garden!!!! Weeds are just plants in the wrong place. A
blackberry/bramble in the wrong place is a menace, in the right place a
thing of beauty and lots of fruit.

Enjoy your new found garden.

Ophelia 09-04-2004 11:35 PM

A belated Helloooo!

"homer" wrote in message
[...]

Not at all:))

Welcome from rainy, dark Scotland:)

Ophelia

DJ 10-04-2004 04:05 AM

A belated Helloooo!

don't let your boss catch you looking around your garden........otherwise
he'll make a spectacle of you...........

dj