GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Propagator temps (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/58298-propagator-temps.html)

Mark Allison 06-04-2004 09:49 PM

Propagator temps

Hi,

I have some tomatoes, aubergines, peppers and chillis sown in my heated
propagator in the greenhouse. I only switch it on at night to keep the
temps at around 18-20C at night.

However, during the day I switch it off but I am seeing temps between 25
and 40C. Is this too hot? If I take the lid of the propagator the temp
drops to 12-18C. I can't be there all day to put the lid on and off, so
I just wondered what would be the best thing to do to get the seeds to
germinate.

Thanks.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP