GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   mixture for hedge trimmers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/58399-mixture-hedge-trimmers.html)

Juco 07-04-2004 09:08 PM

mixture for hedge trimmers

What is the mix for 2 stoke hedge trimmers (oil/petrol) can I use car engine
oil and petrol and mix myself. If so what is the ratio of the mix.

thanks

Rod 07-04-2004 09:34 PM

mixture for hedge trimmers

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 20:57:57 +0100, "Juco"
wrote:

What is the mix for 2 stoke hedge trimmers (oil/petrol) can I use car engine
oil and petrol and mix myself. If so what is the ratio of the mix.

thanks

Mix varies, older machines + old type 2 stroke oils - Typical mixes
!6:1, 25:1, 32:1.
Modern machines + modern high quality oil such as sold by Husquavarna,
Stihl and others = 50:1
*Not* car engine oil - buy the proper stuff - Cheaper by the litre
from proper machinery dealers rather than sheds. The dealer will also
tell you the proper mix for your machine. (Look carefully on or around
the filler cap or fuel tank, clean any swarf away you may find the
mixture printed there.)

Rod

Weed my email address to reply