GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Warm enough.......? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/58443-warm-enough.html)

JennyC 08-04-2004 12:33 PM

Warm enough.......?

I was wondering whether my canna's (in pots in the GH) could go outside already
?

I usually keep them in until about May, but the weather is so mild and they are
sprouting like mad!

Jenny

Sacha 08-04-2004 12:33 PM

Warm enough.......?

JennyC8/4/04 12:15

I was wondering whether my canna's (in pots in the GH) could go outside
already
?

I usually keep them in until about May, but the weather is so mild and they
are
sprouting like mad!

Jenny

One good frost..... we certainly don't advise people to put tender things
out yet. Can you put them out in the daytime and bring them in at night?
You know your own climate best but if there's any risk of frost at all....
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

JennyC 08-04-2004 03:37 PM

Warm enough.......?

"Sacha" wrote in message
o.uk...
JennyC8/4/04 12:15

I was wondering whether my canna's (in pots in the GH) could go outside
already
?

I usually keep them in until about May, but the weather is so mild and they
are
sprouting like mad!

Jenny

One good frost..... we certainly don't advise people to put tender things
out yet. Can you put them out in the daytime and bring them in at night?

I could but I don't think my back would like it :~)
Jenny

Sacha 08-04-2004 08:38 PM

Warm enough.......?

JennyC8/4/04 3:21

"Sacha" wrote in message
o.uk...
JennyC8/4/04 12:15

I was wondering whether my canna's (in pots in the GH) could go outside
already
?

I usually keep them in until about May, but the weather is so mild and they
are
sprouting like mad!

Jenny

One good frost..... we certainly don't advise people to put tender things
out yet. Can you put them out in the daytime and bring them in at night?

I could but I don't think my back would like it :~)
Jenny

You have my sympathies. So - it can't hurt to leave them where they are for
a bit longer, plus it will bring them on a bit more and you won't have to
pay the chiropractor.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)