GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cleaning Greenhouse (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/58839-cleaning-greenhouse.html)

Bill 14-04-2004 08:36 AM

Cleaning Greenhouse

Can anyone recommend a glass cleaner that will clean between the overlaps on
my Greenhouse. The garden centre nearby have large areas of glass and all
are spotless so how do they do it?
My Greenhouse is only two years old so wanted to keep it something like new.

Lyndon 14-04-2004 11:03 AM

Cleaning Greenhouse

Hi Bill
i use a pressure washer to clean mine at the start of the season, it works
well for me and there are no chemicals involved.
Lyndon

Janet Baraclough.. 14-04-2004 08:03 PM

Cleaning Greenhouse

The message
from "Bill" contains these words:

Can anyone recommend a glass cleaner that will clean between the overlaps on
my Greenhouse. The garden centre nearby have large areas of glass and all
are spotless so how do they do it?
My Greenhouse is only two years old so wanted to keep it something like new.

I used washing up liquid diluted in water, applied with a soft-bristle
hand brush, the kind that comes with a dustpan. For the outside high
parts of the roof, I used a vileda floor mop. When you've
scrubbed/washed over everything, rinse down with a hosepipe jet.

Janet

Mike Lyle 14-04-2004 09:04 PM

Cleaning Greenhouse

"Bill" wrote in message ...
Can anyone recommend a glass cleaner that will clean between the overlaps on
my Greenhouse. The garden centre nearby have large areas of glass and all
are spotless so how do they do it?
My Greenhouse is only two years old so wanted to keep it something like new.

I'd ask the garden centre people what they use. Vinegar's a good glass
cleaner, though, if plain water doesn't do the trick, and I imagine
its residues might discourage algae for a while. Some greengrocers
sell gallons of "non-brewed condiment" (as used in fish-and-chip shops
to give the authentic foul flavour: I used it for my pickled onions
one cash-strapped year, and regretted it) very cheaply.

Mike.

John 16-04-2004 01:34 PM

Cleaning Greenhouse

Mike.
I cut a strip off a plastic Washing up Liquid bottle - in the
shape of a small pallet knife - slip the 'blade' into the gap between
window panes, and using a costant flow of water from a hose. jiggle it
back and fro. It's a bitt fiddly, but it does work reasonable welll.

Apart from the occasional finger top loss, it's an answer of sorts.

John