GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   herbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/59271-herbs.html)

Doug W 18-04-2004 05:58 AM

herbs

What is the best time to start growing edible herbs from seed.
Do I need to start them off indoors first or do I plant them straight
outdoors? Is it too late to start them from seed?

shazzbat 18-04-2004 06:00 AM

herbs

"Doug W" wrote in message
What is the best time to start growing edible herbs from seed.
Do I need to start them off indoors first or do I plant them straight
outdoors? Is it too late to start them from seed?

No it's not too late. I would start them off in pots, then you can arrange
them as you want later.

Steve

Doug W 18-04-2004 06:01 AM

herbs

..
What is the best time to start growing edible herbs from seed.
Do I need to start them off indoors first or do I plant them straight
outdoors? Is it too late to start them from seed?

No it's not too late. I would start them off in pots, then you can arrange
them as you want later.

Steve

Do they need a specific amount of heat and light?
i.e on the window ledge in direct sunlight, in the airing cupboard
where it's warm but dark.

Kevin Groves 18-04-2004 11:06 AM

herbs

Doug W wrote:
.

What is the best time to start growing edible herbs from seed.
Do I need to start them off indoors first or do I plant them straight
outdoors? Is it too late to start them from seed?

No it's not too late. I would start them off in pots, then you can arrange
them as you want later.

Steve

Do they need a specific amount of heat and light?
i.e on the window ledge in direct sunlight, in the airing cupboard
where it's warm but dark.

I started my Coriander off a couple of months ago on the window ahead of
the recomended time and they are now nice and bushy.

Kev,