Old 23-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Hellsbells

Default Lawn Edging Cutting Question

Hi, does anybody know of such a device that either clips or screws to garden
lawn edge cutters so that all the grass blades are caught to save me bending
down to pick them up.

I've used such a device that attaches via magnets but I sent it back as it
kept falling off and was useless.

If anyone knows of a device or even a new set of cutters with this built
into it then I would be very grateful

Thanks

Peter

Old 23-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Martin Heames

"Hellsbells" wrote in message
Hi, does anybody know of such a device that either clips or screws to

garden
lawn edge cutters so that all the grass blades are caught to save me

bending
down to pick them up.

I've used such a device that attaches via magnets but I sent it back as it
kept falling off and was useless.

If anyone knows of a device or even a new set of cutters with this built
into it then I would be very grateful

Thanks

Peter

My mother uses an old vacuum cleaner with a long suction pole :-)

Martin

Old 23-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Jane Ransom

In article EX7ic.55$9N.37@newsfe1-win, Hellsbells writes
Hi, does anybody know of such a device that either clips or screws to garden
lawn edge cutters so that all the grass blades are caught to save me bending
down to pick them up.

I've used such a device that attaches via magnets but I sent it back as it
kept falling off and was useless.

If anyone knows of a device or even a new set of cutters with this built
into it then I would be very grateful

We have something called a Spin Trim. It is easy to use and very
effective. We use it regularly so that the bits cut off the edge are
short enough just to leave to rot down where they land without being an
eye sore.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 23-04-2004, 04:09 PM
John

In article ,
Jane Ransom wrote:

In article EX7ic.55$9N.37@newsfe1-win, Hellsbells writes
Hi, does anybody know of such a device that either clips or screws to garden
lawn edge cutters so that all the grass blades are caught to save me bending
down to pick them up.

We have something called a Spin Trim. It is easy to use and very
effective. We use it regularly so that the bits cut off the edge are
short enough just to leave to rot down where they land without being an
eye sore.

Yes - I just run the hoe along the edge (in the border) after I've
trimmed, convincing myself that those little grass trimmings make good
compost. They're always little -- if you only trim every few weeks ...
what's the point in trmming the edges?!

John
Old 23-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Fox

"John" wrote in message
In article ,
Jane Ransom wrote:

In article EX7ic.55$9N.37@newsfe1-win, Hellsbells writes
Hi, does anybody know of such a device that either clips or screws to

garden
lawn edge cutters so that all the grass blades are caught to save me

bending
down to pick them up.

We have something called a Spin Trim. It is easy to use and very
effective. We use it regularly so that the bits cut off the edge are
short enough just to leave to rot down where they land without being an
eye sore.

Yes - I just run the hoe along the edge (in the border) after I've
trimmed, convincing myself that those little grass trimmings make good
compost. They're always little -- if you only trim every few weeks ...
what's the point in trmming the edges?!

John

What if you have your border stoned over though eh?

Old 24-04-2004, 05:06 AM
Fox

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , Fox
writes

What if you have your border stoned over though eh?

So you strim instead of trim.
Same difference )
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

I was making the point of leaving grass cuttings on stoned over borders,
would look rather unsightly don't you think?

Old 24-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , Fox
writes

I was making the point of leaving grass cuttings on stoned over borders,
would look rather unsightly don't you think?

My point was that if done regularly, they are so short as to be
negligible. However, if your stoned borders are your pride and joy, you
would not have to bend to clear them but just sweep them back on to the
grass where they would be invisible.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 24-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Fox

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , Fox
writes

I was making the point of leaving grass cuttings on stoned over borders,
would look rather unsightly don't you think?

My point was that if done regularly, they are so short as to be
negligible. However, if your stoned borders are your pride and joy, you
would not have to bend to clear them but just sweep them back on to the
grass where they would be invisible.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Whatever, nothing to loose sleep over eh?

Old 25-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Brian

I have seen such a device being used, many years ago. Parks must use
something similar. It was a metal tray/open box that had two pins passing
through the bottom blade. It was emptied onto the lawn at about every 10m.
Best Wishes Brian 'flayb' to reply.