GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Briar Rose Thorn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/59902-briar-rose-thorn.html)

Janet Baraclough.. 25-04-2004 11:26 PM

Briar Rose Thorn

I recently met a young mother whose surname is Thorn, whose 7yr old
daughter's name is Briar Rose Thorn (known as Briar). Honestly.

Some parents :-)

Janet.

Rod 25-04-2004 11:29 PM

Briar Rose Thorn

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:48:45 +0100, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

I recently met a young mother whose surname is Thorn, whose 7yr old
daughter's name is Briar Rose Thorn (known as Briar). Honestly.

Some parents :-)

Janet.

Heard Gervase Finn on the radio the other day extolling the sense of
humour of his parents - needs a real joker to call a kid born into a
council house Gervase :-) Still he wears it well and he's great to
listen to. Having lived some years in the Yorkshire Dales myself I
find his tales totally believable.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply

Sacha 25-04-2004 11:29 PM

Briar Rose Thorn

Janet Baraclough..25/4/04 7:48

I recently met a young mother whose surname is Thorn, whose 7yr old
daughter's name is Briar Rose Thorn (known as Briar). Honestly.

Some parents :-)

Janet.

My mother swears she went to school with a girl called Wild whose surname
was Rose. But she married a man whose surname was Bull.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Rod 26-04-2004 07:05 PM

Briar Rose Thorn

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:32:01 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Janet Baraclough..25/4/04 7:48

I recently met a young mother whose surname is Thorn, whose 7yr old
daughter's name is Briar Rose Thorn (known as Briar). Honestly.

Some parents :-)

Janet.

My mother swears she went to school with a girl called Wild whose surname
was Rose. But she married a man whose surname was Bull.

Did she hyphenate the surnames?
I used to know a bloke called Albert Hall, not to mention the jokers
who named their firstborn after a battleship that sunk ;~(( (Rodney)
There it's out now after all these years.