GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Good quality Door Screen's (for stopping flies and wasps)? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/59947-good-quality-door-screens-stopping-flies-wasps.html)

Nick 26-04-2004 11:08 AM

Good quality Door Screen's (for stopping flies and wasps)?

Its got to that time of year when the fly's and wasps are starting - can
anyone recommend a good supplier of door fly screens?

Typically, most people use a cane or plastic screen but these flap about
too much in the wind and don't really stop the pests from getting
through, especially wasps when they're hanging about by the door anyway.

i've found once place that sells a chain one for £68+vat, has anyone
come across anything more suitable or cheaper or does that seem a
reasonable price for such an item?

http://www.pestcontroldirect.co.uk/a...creens_31.html

thanks

Nick

klara 26-04-2004 02:04 PM

Good quality Door Screen's (for stopping flies and wasps)?

Try

http://www.flyandinsectscreens.co.uk/FRAMEdoors.htm

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Andy 26-04-2004 06:06 PM

Nick wrote:

http://www.pestcontroldirect.co.uk/a...creens_31.html

Don't know whether their prices can be beaten, but I can vouch for this
firm. I did a little web design for them a couple of years ago in return
for a glue-board based fly killer. Bob's a decent guy, I still got the fly
killer even though he never managed to shoehorn the code into his e-commerce
package.

It's a shame - That header still needs tweaking.

Andy

Rodger Whitlock 26-04-2004 08:09 PM

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:01:24 +0100, Nick wrote:

Its got to that time of year when the fly's and wasps are starting - can
anyone recommend a good supplier of door fly screens?

You need an American-style screen door. Light aluminum
construction, sometimes with the screening replaceable by glass
panels for the winter to double as a "storm door". Usually made
to measure by the same outfits that do window screens and
(sometimes) aluminum eavestroughs.

Where you can get such a beast in the UK, I dunno, but maybe just
maybe...

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada