GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato Recommendations Please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/59973-tomato-recommendations-please.html)

TheScullster 26-04-2004 04:24 PM

Tomato Recommendations Please

Can the group give me some advice on selection of appropriate tomato type?

Would like outdoor, small to medium size fruit suitable for East Yorkshire.
Intend to grow in bags/pots, along west facing wall.

Any comments welcome

TIA

Phil

Sue da Nimm 26-04-2004 04:24 PM

"TheScullster" wrote in message
Can the group give me some advice on selection of appropriate tomato type?

Would like outdoor, small to medium size fruit suitable for East

Yorkshire.
Intend to grow in bags/pots, along west facing wall.

Gardeners Delight in the ground, along with (my absolute favourite) Tumbler
in hanging baskets or planters.

redclay 26-04-2004 08:09 PM

Tomato Recommendations Please

TheScullster wrote in message
Can the group give me some advice on selection of appropriate tomato type?

Would like outdoor, small to medium size fruit suitable for East

Yorkshire.
Intend to grow in bags/pots, along west facing wall.

Any comments welcome

Check out Tropic. Good hardy vine with tennis ball fruit. Plum tomatoes
grow well in pots as well. I am sure either Parks or Burpee websites have
some recommendations.

Janet Baraclough.. 27-04-2004 12:11 AM

Tomato Recommendations Please

The message
from "redclay" contains these words:

TheScullster wrote in message
Can the group give me some advice on selection of appropriate tomato type?

Would like outdoor, small to medium size fruit suitable for East

Yorkshire.

Check out Tropic. Good hardy vine with tennis ball fruit.

Are you posting from America?

With a name and fruit like that, are you quite sure it's suitable for
outdoors in East Yorkshire?

Janet

Caroline 27-04-2004 06:06 AM

Tomato Recommendations Please

Check UGR for thread "Flavour and tomatoes".

Caroline

martin 27-04-2004 09:02 AM

Tomato Recommendations Please

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:14:50 +0100, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from "redclay" contains these words:

TheScullster wrote in message
Can the group give me some advice on selection of appropriate tomato type?

Would like outdoor, small to medium size fruit suitable for East

Yorkshire.

Check out Tropic. Good hardy vine with tennis ball fruit.

Are you posting from America?

With a name and fruit like that, are you quite sure it's suitable for
outdoors in East Yorkshire?

Are the tomatoes required for John Prescott, also of East
Yorkshire/Humberside?

TheScullster 27-04-2004 02:08 PM

Tomato Recommendations Please

Martin

I would not spend what little gardening time I have nurturing flavour
selected specimen tomatos, only to waste said produce using it as cannon
fodder for the aforementioned. A few old bricks from behind the shed
perhaps?!

It is a source of never ending dismay to Hull residents that this guy is the
representative for our city in the public arena.

Phil

Kay Easton 27-04-2004 07:10 PM

Tomato Recommendations Please

In article , TheScullster pscull@cu
tthespameuropacrown.com writes
Martin

I would not spend what little gardening time I have nurturing flavour
selected specimen tomatos, only to waste said produce using it as cannon
fodder for the aforementioned. A few old bricks from behind the shed
perhaps?!

It is a source of never ending dismay to Hull residents that this guy is the
representative for our city in the public arena.

Then why did Hull residents vote for him?
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Robert E A Harvey 27-04-2004 07:11 PM

Kay Easton wrote:
Then why did Hull residents vote for him?

'cos he stands for Labour, and they can't bring themselves to vote any other
way.

martin 28-04-2004 11:02 AM

Tomato Recommendations Please

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:32:10 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , TheScullster pscull@cu
tthespameuropacrown.com writes
Martin

I would not spend what little gardening time I have nurturing flavour
selected specimen tomatos, only to waste said produce using it as cannon
fodder for the aforementioned. A few old bricks from behind the shed
perhaps?!

It is a source of never ending dismay to Hull residents that this guy is the
representative for our city in the public arena.

Then why did Hull residents vote for him?

perhaps because he is fairly typical of some of the Hull population?

Is it a coincidence that with Prescott as MP, Hull finally got rid of
the last post war prefab estate in Europe?