GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lavatera seedlings look odd (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/60334-lavatera-seedlings-look-odd.html)

Rosie 01-05-2004 10:09 AM

Lavatera seedlings look odd

I've planted some seeds from last year's Lavatera Silver Cup - but the
seedlings look just like sweetpeas. I think I might have confused my jars
and have actually sown sweetpeas.

I can't find any pics of Lavatera seedlings anywhere - can anyone help?

ROSIE

Stewart Robert Hinsley 04-05-2004 09:07 PM

Lavatera seedlings look odd

In article , Rosie
writes
I've planted some seeds from last year's Lavatera Silver Cup - but the
seedlings look just like sweetpeas. I think I might have confused my jars
and have actually sown sweetpeas.

I can't find any pics of Lavatera seedlings anywhere - can anyone help?

ROSIE

I don't have any images of Lavatera seedlings up, but they don't look
that different from those of Alcea. See

http:/www.malvaceae.info/Genera/Alcea/gallery.html

When the true leaves (as opposed to the cotyledons) appear they are
similar in shape to the leaves of the mature plant, but less lobed.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley