GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flowers on plum tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/60413-flowers-plum-tree.html)

ken cohen 02-05-2004 06:09 PM

Flowers on plum tree

My allotment has a Victoria Plum tree which provided a large amount of
fruit last year. This year, there was blossom on the tree about a
month ago, which has now disappeared, for some reason. So far, no
sign of fruit. Am I going to get any this year?

Ken Cohen

Sacha 02-05-2004 06:09 PM

Flowers on plum tree

ken cohen2/5/04 5:28

My allotment has a Victoria Plum tree which provided a large amount of
fruit last year. This year, there was blossom on the tree about a
month ago, which has now disappeared, for some reason. So far, no
sign of fruit. Am I going to get any this year?

A frost might have killed off the blossom. In that case there will be no
fruit this year.

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

J Jackson 10-05-2004 03:09 PM

Flowers on plum tree

Sacha wrote:
: ken cohen2/5/04 5:28
:
: My allotment has a Victoria Plum tree which provided a large amount of
: fruit last year. This year, there was blossom on the tree about a
: month ago, which has now disappeared, for some reason. So far, no
: sign of fruit. Am I going to get any this year?
:
:
: A frost might have killed off the blossom. In that case there will be no
: fruit this year.

Victoria can become a bienniel cropper - everyother year - especially if
it has a bumper crop one year it can rest the next. Extra application of
potash feedc may help it keep regular.