GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rhubarb advise (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/60418-rhubarb-advise.html)

Diane Epps 02-05-2004 07:07 PM

Rhubarb advise

My Rhubarb is sending up a big flower spike and I am not sure if I should
let this happen or cut the flowering spike back . Advise please

Alan Gould 02-05-2004 07:07 PM

Rhubarb advise

In article , Diane Epps
writes
My Rhubarb is sending up a big flower spike and I am not sure if I should
let this happen or cut the flowering spike back . Advise please

Cut the flowering stem back to its base - also any others you see.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Tim Challenger 03-05-2004 09:02 AM

Rhubarb advise

On Sun, 2 May 2004 18:30:15 +0100, Alan Gould wrote:

In article , Diane Epps
writes
My Rhubarb is sending up a big flower spike and I am not sure if I should
let this happen or cut the flowering spike back . Advise please

Cut the flowering stem back to its base - also any others you see.

I was going to ask that too. Thanks for the great timing and advice. :-)

--
Tim C.