GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bordering Fences? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/60647-bordering-fences.html)

StanDan 05-05-2004 01:07 PM

Bordering Fences?

Can anyone tell me how I find out who is responsible for the fence between
my garden and the neighbours?

Thanks!

Stan

Alan R Williams 05-05-2004 01:08 PM

Bordering Fences?

"StanDan" writes:

Can anyone tell me how I find out who is responsible for the fence between
my garden and the neighbours?

It depends on whether the fence lies on the boundary or is in one of
the gardens.

If it's on the boundary then you can tell by looking at the plans of
your property. In some cases (as with me) the fences are shared. The
T's come away from the boundary towards the owner(s) of the fence.

The easiest way to find out is to ask the neighbours :-)

For legal info look at http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk

Thanks!

Stan

Alan

--
Alan Williams, Room IT301, Department of Computer Science,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, U.K.