GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   can anyone tell me what to use & how to line a metal trough? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/60959-can-anyone-tell-me-what-use-how-line-metal-trough.html)

Tom 09-05-2004 07:06 PM

can anyone tell me what to use & how to line a metal trough?

Hi,
I have 2 36 inch metal troughs (strips of metal bent into a trough
shape). they screw to the wall. Does anyone know what to use to line
them with.

I had a look at B&Q but they didnt have anything suitable.

p.s as well as growing plants in the top I also want to put plants
through the sides.

Thanks

Tom 11-05-2004 12:13 AM

can anyone tell me what to use & how to line a metal trough?

On Sun, 09 May 2004 18:31:58 +0100, Tom wrote:
Would I be able to use old carpet felt? I've just found some in the
loft

Philip 11-05-2004 10:21 AM

Tom wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 09 May 2004 18:31:58 +0100, Tom wrote:
Would I be able to use old carpet felt? I've just found some in the
loft

Hi,
I have 2 36 inch metal troughs (strips of metal bent into a trough
shape). they screw to the wall. Does anyone know what to use to line
them with.

I had a look at B&Q but they didnt have anything suitable.

p.s as well as growing plants in the top I also want to put plants
through the sides.

Thanks

Why do they need lining ?

Tom 11-05-2004 05:16 PM

can anyone tell me what to use & how to line a metal trough?

On 11 May 2004 01:09:30 -0700, (Philip)
wrote:
Because the metal bars about 4 inches appart and so there is nothing
to hold the soil in place.