Old 16-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Juggs

Default Tiny spiders.

I'v got loads of tiny spiders, about 2-3 mm across, don't appear to be
red, colonizing the chains of my hanging basket. The vegetative
growth doesn't appear to be affected, as yet. Should I be worried?

Glenys

--
When our schools started teaching the leftist concept of 'provable causal relationships',
Communism gained the upper hand in Vietnam. I think there is a lesson to be learned from that.
Old 16-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Juggs
writes
I'v got loads of tiny spiders, about 2-3 mm across, don't appear to be
red, colonizing the chains of my hanging basket. The vegetative
growth doesn't appear to be affected, as yet. Should I be worried?

Doubt it. Sounds like a nest of baby spiders has just hatched.
Far too big to be red spider (which however are usually pale brown).

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 16-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Juggs

On Sun, 16 May 2004 11:09:13 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

I'v got loads of tiny spiders, about 2-3 mm across, don't appear to be
red, colonizing the chains of my hanging basket. The vegetative
growth doesn't appear to be affected, as yet. Should I be worried?

Doubt it. Sounds like a nest of baby spiders has just hatched.
Far too big to be red spider (which however are usually pale brown).

Ta. That makes sense (although these are light brown), I think the
web must have been spun by the mum

Glenys
Old 16-05-2004, 11:20 PM
shazzbat

"Juggs" wrote in message
I'v got loads of tiny spiders, about 2-3 mm across, don't appear to be
red, colonizing the chains of my hanging basket. The vegetative
growth doesn't appear to be affected, as yet. Should I be worried?

Glenys

Not if they look like our spider babies. They colonised the junk I had
cleared out of the shed ready for the binmen. Now I can't throw it away till
they've gone. Still, they're interesting. If I touch the web they all spread
out looking for the food/mum or whatever. Check out the spider babies here -

http://ourallotment.mysite.freeserve.com/
Misc photos.

Steve