GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   To see or not to see!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/61556-re-see-not-see.html)

Alan Gould 17-05-2004 08:11 PM

To see or not to see!!

In article , auntie_biotic auntie_bio
writes
Planted dahlia tubers yesterday. Couldn`t find the so called "eyes". My
own eyes await to see if I`ve planted them right!!!

Don't worry, plants know their own way up!
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Franz Heymann 18-05-2004 09:18 AM

To see or not to see!!

"auntie_biotic" wrote in message
Planted dahlia tubers yesterday. Couldn`t find the so called

"eyes". My
own eyes await to see if I`ve planted them right!!!

Next year, put them in seed trays in the garage and half-cover with
damp compost until the eyes have become visible. That also gives you
a better idea of the extent to which you can divide the tubers to
increase your stock.

Franz