GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bananna skins as green, or yellow, manure (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/61625-bananna-skins-green-yellow-manure.html)

Lazarus Cooke 18-05-2004 02:39 PM

bananna skins as green, or yellow, manure

My mother tells me an old rose expert told her about this - just lay
the skins on the surface, or dig them in unrotted. Any thoughts?

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address

D Russell 19-05-2004 02:18 PM

bananna skins as green, or yellow, manure

"Lazarus Cooke" wrote in message
om...
My mother tells me an old rose expert told her about this - just lay
the skins on the surface, or dig them in unrotted. Any thoughts?

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address

Banana skins are very rich in potassium, I put some in water butts, but
mostly on the compost heap, they help speed up everything else.
Duncan

Lazarus Cooke 20-05-2004 08:08 AM

bananna skins as green, or yellow, manure

In article , D Russell
wrote:

Banana skins are very rich in potassium, I put some in water butts, but
mostly on the compost heap, they help speed up everything else.
Duncan

Thanks. I'll follow your example

Remover the rock from the email address