GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ideas please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/61789-ideas-please.html)

Diane Epps 20-05-2004 03:07 PM

Ideas please

I have a large pot in which there is an araucaria at present it is failing
and off to the compost heap but I need ideas for a nice specimen plant that
will survive in the pot which is about 2 foot across. I would prefer tall
rather than prostrate. Acers are out due to the wind.
TIA
Diane

Charlie Pridham 22-05-2004 10:07 AM

Ideas please

"Diane Epps" wrote in message
I have a large pot in which there is an araucaria at present it is failing
and off to the compost heap but I need ideas for a nice specimen plant

that
will survive in the pot which is about 2 foot across. I would prefer tall
rather than prostrate. Acers are out due to the wind.
TIA
Diane

One of the evergreen Euonymus? or Golden Yew

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Jaques d'Alltrades 23-05-2004 07:58 AM

Ideas please

The message
from "Diane Epps" contains these words:

I have a large pot in which there is an araucaria at present it is failing
and off to the compost heap but I need ideas for a nice specimen plant that
will survive in the pot which is about 2 foot across. I would prefer tall
rather than prostrate. Acers are out due to the wind.

Bay?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Diane Epps 23-05-2004 08:30 AM

Ideas please

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Diane Epps" wrote in message
I have a large pot in which there is an araucaria at present it is

failing
and off to the compost heap but I need ideas for a nice specimen plant

that
will survive in the pot which is about 2 foot across. I would prefer

tall
rather than prostrate. Acers are out due to the wind.
TIA
Diane

One of the evergreen Euonymus? or Golden Yew

--

Thx for the ideas I have purchased a nice standard cotinus which i think
will work