GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   White spots on verbascum (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/61854-white-spots-verbascum.html)

Rosie 21-05-2004 02:06 PM

White spots on verbascum

I've got a border which is full of very large verbascum olypicum.

Trouble is, all the lower leaves are starting to get white spots which look
like some kind of mould.

A few weeks ago a borage in the same spot had this happen and I destroyed
it.

Do I need to destroy all the verbascum? Should I put anything in its place
or leave the area for a bit?

Arse!
ROSIE

Kay Easton 21-05-2004 10:24 PM

White spots on verbascum

In article , Rosie
writes
I've got a border which is full of very large verbascum olypicum.

Trouble is, all the lower leaves are starting to get white spots which look
like some kind of mould.

A few weeks ago a borage in the same spot had this happen and I destroyed
it.

Do I need to destroy all the verbascum? Should I put anything in its place
or leave the area for a bit?

If you think it's a mould, it could be mildew, which, paradoxically, is
worse if the plant isn't getting enough water. Try watering it.

I think it's a surface thing not a systemic thing, so removing affected
leaves should be enough - no need to destroy entire plant.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: