GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   oops - Bedding plant question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/61925-oops-bedding-plant-question.html)

R.Lewis 22-05-2004 03:09 PM

oops - Bedding plant question

I have seen some plants labelled 'Solena' for sale.
They are available in yellow and red and look like bedding plants - a bit
like begonias.
What exactly are solena - I cannot find any details on the web - and how
are they grown?

Thanks.

oops
I should have called them 'Solenias' but I still know nothing about them.

Brian 22-05-2004 03:09 PM

"R.Lewis" h.lewis-not this wrote in message
I have seen some plants labelled 'Solena' for sale.
They are available in yellow and red and look like bedding plants - a bit
like begonias.
What exactly are solena - I cannot find any details on the web - and how
are they grown?

Thanks.

oops
I should have called them 'Solenias' but I still know nothing about them.

They are still Begonias x hiemalis. Google 'begonia solenias' for culture.

Best Wishes. Brian.

Brian 22-05-2004 05:13 PM

"Brian" wrote in message

"R.Lewis" h.lewis-not this wrote in message
I have seen some plants labelled 'Solena' for sale.
They are available in yellow and red and look like bedding plants - a

bit
like begonias.
What exactly are solena - I cannot find any details on the web - and

how
are they grown?

Thanks.

oops
I should have called them 'Solenias' but I still know nothing about

them.

They are still Begonias x hiemalis. Google 'begonia solenias' for

culture.
Best Wishes. Brian.

http://www.oglevee.com/articles/Vari...s/solenia_bego
nia.htm

R.Lewis 23-05-2004 07:59 AM

"Brian" wrote in message

"Brian" wrote in message

"R.Lewis" h.lewis-not this wrote in message
I have seen some plants labelled 'Solena' for sale.
They are available in yellow and red and look like bedding plants - a

bit
like begonias.
What exactly are solena - I cannot find any details on the web - and

how
are they grown?

Thanks.

oops
I should have called them 'Solenias' but I still know nothing about

them.

They are still Begonias x hiemalis. Google 'begonia solenias' for

culture.
Best Wishes. Brian.

http://www.oglevee.com/articles/Vari...s/solenia_bego
nia.htm