GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Compost on lawns (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/61986-compost-lawns.html)

Stewart Devereux 23-05-2004 08:23 AM

Compost on lawns

ust been reading an eariler thread about a similar topic, covered some
grass seed with B+Q peat based compost, germinated OK, but the area where I
lightly covered the seed is now very green and lush. Can I just spread the
whole bag of compost lightly over the lawn as it seem to be an excellent
long lasting fertilise ?

--
Regards,
Stu Devereux.

Nick Maclaren 23-05-2004 10:05 AM

Compost on lawns

In article ,
Stewart Devereux wrote:
ust been reading an eariler thread about a similar topic, covered some
grass seed with B+Q peat based compost, germinated OK, but the area where I
lightly covered the seed is now very green and lush. Can I just spread the
whole bag of compost lightly over the lawn as it seem to be an excellent
long lasting fertilise ?

Yes. It isn't the most cost-effective, but will work.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.