Old 27-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Registered User

Location: Scotland
Question Should Verbena Bonariensis be "nipped out"?

I have masses of verbena bonarienses seedlings and was wondering if they should be "nipped out" (if that is the correct term) to promote bushier growth. Can you help?
Old 27-05-2004, 11:12 PM
cpemma

Default Should Verbena Bonariensis be "nipped out"?

Tricia wrote:
I have masses of verbena bonarienses seedlings and was wondering if
they should be "nipped out" (if that is the correct term) to promote
bushier growth. Can you help?

I'm inclined to say no, the stems will be longer without the side branches.
That's if you want the extra height. Just put in lots of plants. ;-)
--
email address is a black hole. Change cpemma to cpm.

Old 28-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Registered User

Location: Scotland

Quote:
Originally posted by cpemma
Tricia wrote:
I have masses of verbena bonarienses seedlings and was wondering if
they should be "nipped out" (if that is the correct term) to promote
bushier growth. Can you help?

I'm inclined to say no, the stems will be longer without the side branches.
That's if you want the extra height. Just put in lots of plants. ;-)
--
email address is a black hole. Change cpemma to cpm.
Many thanks for this. Oh, I now rememeber that the term is "pinching out" - sorry, brain fog.