Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Martin

Default Magnolia Tree Advice Sought

Hi,

Two weeks ago I planted over 50 plants in the south facing border of a
Lancaster garden.

They all seem to be doing well, except for the 2m Magnolia tree which has a
number of leaves turning yellow.

The soil appears to drain quite well, and certainly not comprised of clay.

I planted the tree in with a peat based fertiliser and a bucket of water.

The last time I watered the Magnolia Tree was last Sunday night, so it may
be that it is just a bit thirsty.

Before I rush out and pour a bucket of water on it's roots, does anyone
think there is anything else I should do? I was toying with the idea of
watering with a very dilute (50%) solution of Miracle Gro...though I have
read that feeding plants too soon after planting is a no no.

TIA

Martin

---