GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   apple tree disease? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/62602-apple-tree-disease.html)

adrian bowyer 29-05-2004 12:10 AM

apple tree disease?

Hi,
just moved into our new house and found the apple tree in the front
garden has white cotton like growths on it.
Is this a sign of disease?
thanks
ade

Sam 29-05-2004 04:07 PM

apple tree disease?

"adrian bowyer" wrote in message
Hi,
just moved into our new house and found the apple tree in the front
garden has white cotton like growths on it.
Is this a sign of disease?
thanks
ade

Probably Wooly Aphid. The only effective control I'm told is methylated
spirit and a paintbrush.

Sam

Nick Wagg 01-06-2004 10:17 AM

apple tree disease?

"adrian bowyer" wrote in message
Hi,
just moved into our new house and found the apple tree in the front
garden has white cotton like growths on it.
Is this a sign of disease?

Do the growths contain woolly caterpillars?
--
Nick Wagg