GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sale corners (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/62691-sale-corners.html)

Kate Morgan 30-05-2004 09:04 AM

sale corners

One day my daughter found the most sad looking plant, it was a standard
privet and it was being sold for £2 at one of the Ikea stores. I popped
it into a sheltered spot and now, four years later it is a beautiful
plant, big healthy and very pretty. Not long ago I saw one of the same
quality for sale at a garden centre and the price was just over
£100,there are bargains out there :-)

kate

Frogleg 30-05-2004 11:15 AM

sale corners

On Sun, 30 May 2004 08:40:16 +0100, Kate Morgan
wrote:

One day my daughter found the most sad looking plant, it was a standard
privet and it was being sold for £2 at one of the Ikea stores. I popped
it into a sheltered spot and now, four years later it is a beautiful
plant, big healthy and very pretty. Not long ago I saw one of the same
quality for sale at a garden centre and the price was just over
£100,there are bargains out there :-)

For the most part, the difference between a $2 plant and a $50 one (I
don't have a £ key :-) is time. Impatience ('though not Impatiens) is
expensive in gardening. It's a great joy to buy a small, thrifty plant
(or seed!) and raise it to substantial maturity. Congratulations.