Old 10-06-2004, 02:44 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Pond Vacuum hire ....Bucks ?

"tuin man" wrote in message

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message

If anyone has built an effective filter to remove silt, I would be
interested in the design :-)

Cheers
Dave R

Hmm not sure if this is what you want, but I might have one. I'll have to
check the make/model later. Basically, its a pump that can handle
semi-solods. Silt, if dispersed throughout agitated water does get pumped.
But not the kind of stuff that is dense enough to need to be shovelled

out.

It isn't the pump I am looking for - I have a pump that will shift murky
water, as well as the standard pond fountain pump with an extra take off.

I am looking for a device to pump water into which will remove the silt then
return clear water to the pond.

The main issue I see is that an efficient filter will soon clog up with the
amount of silt it is removing.

Cheers
Dave R

P.S. a short burst with a 'wet and dry' vac might clear silt from the bottom
of the pond - plus fish, weed, lining.... ;-)

Old 10-06-2004, 11:45 PM
tuin man

"tuin man" wrote in message

[...]

Ok, I thought the pump answer seemd a bit toooo obvious (-:
But since I found out what I have, it's a ISIS, capable of pumping
"suspended solids" up to 20mm in size.
Given that you've not had much response, might I suggest you try either a
swimming newsgroup, or a swimming pool goods and services outlet.
Your idea about the sand filter if as close as I've seen adopted for the one
swimming pool, whose filtration system I once saw opened up.
The big difference being how the water enters the tank. It sprayes all round
it, rather than the glug glug head-on torrent from a pipe.
Depending on the size of your silt, how about going for a slower filtration
by using grit first and then later sand?
I was even thinking about suggesting using one of those metal incinerators
with legs and the holes around the end and bottom, to hold the grit/sand.

Patrick

Old 11-06-2004, 09:36 AM
tuin man

"tuin man" wrote in message

[...]

Tool hire, plant hire, mini digger hire jay_jay54321 Gardening 1 27-05-2013 03:11 AM
Big Bucks Vj1299 Orchids 0 06-05-2003 02:44 PM
Big Bucks Gene Schurg Orchids 1 30-04-2003 06:32 AM
[IBC] ADMIN: LIST MANNERS (was: [IBC] Big Bucks) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 30-04-2003 04:45 AM
Big Bucks Vj1299 Bonsai 0 30-04-2003 12:20 AM