Old 09-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Franz Heymann

Default What insects will eat greenfly?

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 4/6/04 22:06, in article ,

"Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...

snip
I don't know what you mean by summer quarters but yes, the blue

tits
are
still here and the Little Owls are back, while the rooks are

taking
their
annual holiday.

I think the blue, great and coal tits disperse into the woods in

the
vicinity during the summer season.. They really only overwinter

in
and around our garden. The sparrows, chaffinches, goldfinches and
greenfinches are here the year round.
{That is, if we continue feeding them. Pure cupboard love.

{:-((

Sensible creatures! We seem to have blue tits all year round. BUT

the
great tits we had earlier do seem to have off somewhere. I'd love

to know
why all these birds follow these patterns - the summer holiday of

the rooks
and Little Owls fascinate us. The owls go first and then come back

about
now and start that slightly wussy 'wooooo' thing at about 3pm

Ours do it at 3 am

and again as
it starts to get light. It's almost as if the rooks go 'on holiday'

and say
to the Little Owls, "Okay, we've been waking them up at 4-5ish every
morning, now it's your turn". Strange but true! AND, we have seen

Little
Owl babies up in the Cedar tree (don't know about nests) using it as

a perch
while yelling to and fro with Mum and that tree is the hub of our

rookery.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 09-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Sacha

On 6/6/04 16:13, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...

snip
I'd love
to know
why all these birds follow these patterns - the summer holiday of

the rooks
and Little Owls fascinate us. The owls go first and then come back

about
now and start that slightly wussy 'wooooo' thing at about 3pm

Ours do it at 3 am

That, too. But I *expect* owls to do that at 3am.
snip