Old 11-06-2004, 02:27 AM
Spider

Default Abseiling Caterpillars

Dear Phill,
They may be the larvae of Tortrix moths, but there are so many types and my
book doesn't show them all.
I have encountered two tortrix caterpillars: one buried into my rose buds,
the other made itself at home eating my Hebes (they web a leaf together, so
you can't see them easily. I believe one of the others is the infamous
Codling moth caterpillar, of apple-munching fame.
I appreciate this is a bit vague, but hope it gives you a starting point.
Spider

Subject: Abseiling Caterpillars
From: "Douglas"
Date: 05/06/04 01:57 Romance Daylight Time

"Pen Phill" wrote in message
Hi All

I noticed these caterpillars making their way down silken threads from

one
of
my trees.

http://pageperso.aol.fr/Penphill/caterpillars.jpg

Can anyone put a name to them and what they eventually turn into

please.

Phil

*********
"turn into"? - where wuz youse dragged up then , Eh, - like, wot ah

mean.
"Transmogrify", if you jolly well please!, - to change, - as if by magic.
It's plain youse wasn't dragged up in my old alma mater, -
Borstal!.
Doug.
********

WOW! "Transmogrify"! Well I was going to use that word but felt it might
require some translation so I just opted for the tried and tested "turn

into"
as I felt this was more comprehensible. WOOPS! Sorry....understandable.

The
same goes for the possibly more correct "metamorphose into".
I am sorry about that but you see..I have never been to Borstall. Is it a

nice
town?

Phil

Rife Caterpillars Zeppelin Australia 1 24-10-2003 02:12 PM
Caterpillars in sac in apple tree - photo David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 0 17-06-2003 03:08 PM
little green caterpillars? ratSenoL Texas 6 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Berberis & caterpillars Judy Rigby United Kingdom 0 18-03-2003 08:44 AM
Caterpillars are amazing! Chris United Kingdom 7 08-12-2002 09:27 PM