GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Abseiling Caterpillars (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/63071-abseiling-caterpillars.html)

Pen Phill 04-06-2004 10:08 PM

Abseiling Caterpillars

Hi All

I noticed these caterpillars making their way down silken threads from one of
my trees.

http://pageperso.aol.fr/Penphill/caterpillars.jpg

Can anyone put a name to them and what they eventually turn into please.

Phil

Douglas 05-06-2004 01:09 AM

Abseiling Caterpillars

"Pen Phill" wrote in message
Hi All

I noticed these caterpillars making their way down silken threads from one

of
my trees.

http://pageperso.aol.fr/Penphill/caterpillars.jpg

Can anyone put a name to them and what they eventually turn into please.

Phil

*********
"turn into"? - where wuz youse dragged up then , Eh, - like, wot ah mean.
"Transmogrify", if you jolly well please!, - to change, - as if by magic.
It's plain youse wasn't dragged up in my old alma mater, -
Borstal!.
Doug.
********

ned 05-06-2004 05:05 AM

Abseiling Caterpillars

"Pen Phill" wrote in message
Hi All

I noticed these caterpillars making their way down silken threads

from one of
my trees.

http://pageperso.aol.fr/Penphill/caterpillars.jpg

Can anyone put a name to them and what they eventually turn into

please.

Dunno about these ones but a lot of sawfly caterpillars shimmy down
silken threads.

--
ned
http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk

Pen Phill 09-06-2004 06:32 PM

Abseiling Caterpillars

Subject: Abseiling Caterpillars
From: "Douglas"
Date: 05/06/04 01:57 Romance Daylight Time

"Pen Phill" wrote in message
Hi All

I noticed these caterpillars making their way down silken threads from one

of
my trees.

http://pageperso.aol.fr/Penphill/caterpillars.jpg

Can anyone put a name to them and what they eventually turn into please.

Phil

*********
"turn into"? - where wuz youse dragged up then , Eh, - like, wot ah mean.
"Transmogrify", if you jolly well please!, - to change, - as if by magic.
It's plain youse wasn't dragged up in my old alma mater, -
Borstal!.
Doug.
********

WOW! "Transmogrify"! Well I was going to use that word but felt it might
require some translation so I just opted for the tried and tested "turn into"
as I felt this was more comprehensible. WOOPS! Sorry....understandable. The
same goes for the possibly more correct "metamorphose into".
I am sorry about that but you see..I have never been to Borstall. Is it a nice
town?

Phil

Pen Phill 09-06-2004 07:40 PM

Abseiling Caterpillars