GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Propogating Acers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/64030-propogating-acers.html)

Davy Murray 10-06-2004 08:23 PM

Propogating Acers

Hi there.

My wife asked me last week if we could propagate our small Japanese acers.
I replied that we couldn't, but on reflection wondered if anyone else knows
better?

Davy M

Brian 10-06-2004 08:31 PM

Propogating Acers

"Davy Murray" wrote in message
Hi there.

My wife asked me last week if we could propagate our small Japanese acers.
I replied that we couldn't, but on reflection wondered if anyone else

knows
better?

Davy M
I regret this is not possible without grafting onto rootstock that is

type specific.
The species, that flower and fruit, grow readily from seed.
Cuttings are not viable.
Regards Brian.