GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Phormium Tenax (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/64261-phormium-tenax.html)

Fred Gibson 11-06-2004 08:07 PM

Phormium Tenax

Got a flower stalk on mine 10 ft tall,

Chris Stewart 11-06-2004 09:06 PM

Phormium Tenax

"Fred Gibson" wrote in message
Got a flower stalk on mine 10 ft tall,

How old and how big a clump is it, Fred?

Chris S

Pam Moore 12-06-2004 12:10 AM

Phormium Tenax

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:07:16 +0100, "Fred Gibson"
wrote:

Got a flower stalk on mine 10 ft tall,

Got 2 seedlings 1/2 inch high! How long do I have to wait?

Pam in Bristol

Chris Stewart 12-06-2004 01:06 AM

Phormium Tenax

wrote:

Got a flower stalk on mine 10 ft tall,

Got 2 seedlings 1/2 inch high! How long do I have to wait?

Pam in Bristol

Hate to tell you Pam, my "seedlings" are now 6 yrs old ish (can't remember!)
grown on in pots and still haven't flowered. The tallest leaves would be 1
metre tall and the clump would be 1 metre across. It is in tropical
Aberdeen, though :-)

Chris S

Geoff Bryant 13-06-2004 12:09 PM

Phormium Tenax

That's about what you'd expect for a mature clump. Below is a link to a
picture on my site that shows an example in the wild.

http://www.hortiphoto.com/details.php?image_id=1436

Incidentally, I just today added some shots of a few Phormium cultivars -
'Jester', 'Evening Glow' and 'Pink Panther'. Use the search facility or the
category lists if you want to see them. Regretfully, at web sizes they all
look much the same.

Geoff Bryant
Christchurch
New Zealand