Old 13-06-2004, 02:13 PM

Default Large hedge trimming advive sought ??c

I have a large 12ft tall laurel hedge that I need to top.

Its to big for steps, infact it would be too wide for me to reach into
the middle.

Its to wide and bushy to put a ladder up it

Some advice please.

TIA
Old 13-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Broadback

aa ka wrote:

I have a large 12ft tall laurel hedge that I need to top.

Its to big for steps, infact it would be too wide for me to reach into
the middle.

Its to wide and bushy to put a ladder up it

Some advice please.

TIA

What about one of those scaffolding towers? If you don't know anyone
with one you could hire one, unless you were willing to buy one, they
are not that expensive.

Alternatively have a look at the ladder/step combinations available. I
have recently purchased one from the net.

--
Please only reply to Newsgroup as emails
to this address are deleted on arrival.
Old 13-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Diane Epps

"Broadback" wrote in message
aa ka wrote:

I have a large 12ft tall laurel hedge that I need to top.

Its to big for steps, infact it would be too wide for me to reach into
the middle.

Its to wide and bushy to put a ladder up it

Some advice please.

TIA

You could try the trick of tying a plank to the top of a ladder so that it
rests on the hedge and spreads the weight and stops the ladder falling into
the hedge.