GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   vine weevil again (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/64450-vine-weevil-again.html)

Pam Moore 13-06-2004 11:08 PM

vine weevil again

I thought I had beaten the b*****s. I have not seen a vine-weevil for
over a year. Today I found a newly emerged (soft to squish!) weevil on
a plant in my garden. Now it seems I have to start the battle all
over again. I have over100 pots and they could be anywhere except
recently potted things.
You might have heard rude words in the skies over the Bristol/Bath
area!

Pam in Bristol

nambucca 14-06-2004 01:05 AM

vine weevil again

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I thought I had beaten the b*****s. I have not seen a vine-weevil for
over a year. Today I found a newly emerged (soft to squish!) weevil on
a plant in my garden. Now it seems I have to start the battle all
over again. I have over100 pots and they could be anywhere except
recently potted things.
You might have heard rude words in the skies over the Bristol/Bath
area!

Pam in Bristol

Make up a solution of Armillotox and water the lot

Pam Moore 14-06-2004 09:07 AM

vine weevil again

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 23:45:33 +0000 (UTC), "nambucca"
wrote:

Make up a solution of Armillotox and water the lot

Thanks. I happen to have some. My garden will not smell so good
tonight!

Pam in Bristol

PK 14-06-2004 09:13 AM

vine weevil again

nambucca wrote:
"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I thought I had beaten the b*****s. I have not seen a vine-weevil
for over a year. Today I found a newly emerged (soft to squish!)
weevil on a plant in my garden. Now it seems I have to start the
battle all over again. I have over100 pots and they could be
anywhere except recently potted things.
You might have heard rude words in the skies over the Bristol/Bath
area!

Pam in Bristol

Make up a solution of Armillatox and water the lot

what strength?

pk

ps of course I'm only interested in washing the vine evils, the though of
using armillatox as a pesticide never entered my head

nambucca 14-06-2004 10:06 AM

vine weevil again

"PK" wrote in message
nambucca wrote:
"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I thought I had beaten the b*****s. I have not seen a vine-weevil
for over a year. Today I found a newly emerged (soft to squish!)
weevil on a plant in my garden. Now it seems I have to start the
battle all over again. I have over100 pots and they could be
anywhere except recently potted things.
You might have heard rude words in the skies over the Bristol/Bath
area!

Pam in Bristol

Make up a solution of Armillatox and water the lot

what strength?

pk

ps of course I'm only interested in washing the vine evils, the though of
using armillatox as a pesticide never entered my head

Shhhhhhhhhhh the EU does not allow you to say Armillotox is a pesticide !!

but before their stupid bans and regime for testing research showed it
worked

Its one measure of the bottle top bit to a large watering can

pb 14-06-2004 12:06 PM

vine weevil again

In article ,
says...

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I thought I had beaten the b*****s. I have not seen a vine-weevil for
over a year. Today I found a newly emerged (soft to squish!) weevil on
a plant in my garden. Now it seems I have to start the battle all
over again. I have over100 pots and they could be anywhere except
recently potted things.
You might have heard rude words in the skies over the Bristol/Bath
area!

Pam in Bristol

Make up a solution of Armillotox and water the lot

I'd be interested to know if it works. It made not a scrap of
difference to my vine weevils. I soaked my fuchsias in a bucketfull of
the stuff, never mind about watering it on, the little swine seemed to
thrive on it.

Pam Moore 14-06-2004 03:11 PM

vine weevil again

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:43:10 +0100, pb
wrote:

Make up a solution of Armillotox and water the lot

I'd be interested to know if it works. It made not a scrap of
difference to my vine weevils. I soaked my fuchsias in a bucketfull of
the stuff, never mind about watering it on, the little swine seemed to
thrive on it.

Gee thanks Pete for the encouragement!! LOL
I will try using Arnillatox (to clean my pots!). If I find any more
after that I'll have to resort to nematodes, but as I already have the
former and I know the latter is expensive, I'll try the cheaper option
first.

Pam in Bristol