GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clemitis leaves going brown and shriveling up ??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/64549-clemitis-leaves-going-brown-shriveling-up.html)

Tone 14-06-2004 09:10 PM

Clemitis leaves going brown and shriveling up ???

Help ! my Clemitis leaves are going brown and shriveling up, but it is
in flower ????

nambucca 14-06-2004 10:12 PM

Clemitis leaves going brown and shriveling up ???

"Tone" wrote in message
m...
Help ! my Clemitis leaves are going brown and shriveling up, but it is
in flower ????

Some of them do this especially in the kind of hot weather we are having

Cumberpach 15-06-2004 12:15 AM

Clemitis leaves going brown and shriveling up ???

"Tone" wrote in message
m...
Help ! my Clemitis leaves are going brown and shriveling up, but it is
in flower ????

You say that the leaves are brown, but to answer your question, we will need
to know what colour the flowers are ?

Pete

Tottymop 15-06-2004 08:06 AM

Clemitis leaves going brown and shriveling up ???

Thanks nambucca ! ;)

Victoria Clare 15-06-2004 10:03 AM

Clemitis leaves going brown and shriveling up ???

(Tone) wrote in news:7229ede.0406141138.102f57c3
@posting.google.com:

Help ! my Clemitis leaves are going brown and shriveling up, but it is
in flower ????

Lots and lots of water and a good feed solves this for me if I notice it
early.

If it does get overwhelmed this year, don't despair - they usually come
back next year, and next year you'll know to give it more TLC.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall

Nick Earle 15-06-2004 04:06 PM

Clemitis leaves going brown and shriveling up ???

Sounds like it could be Clematis Wilt.... its quite common and not easy to
get rid off, but not necessarily fatal.

Some tips he http://gardening.wsu.edu/column/07-23-00.htm

m...

nambucca 16-06-2004 12:10 AM

"Nick Earle" wrote in message
Sounds like it could be Clematis Wilt.... its quite common and not easy to
get rid off, but not necessarily fatal.

Some tips he http://gardening.wsu.edu/column/07-23-00.htm

"Tone" wrote in message
m...
Help ! my Clemitis leaves are going brown and shriveling up, but it is
in flower ????

if its clematis wilt the flowers wilt too before they even open .......this
hot weather is not doing Clematis any good at all