Old 15-06-2004, 02:15 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Courgettes with male flowers only

Hi,

after only germinating 3 out of 32 seeds, I now have my courgettes (two
yellow, one green) out on the patio and aparrently growing strongly.

Hoever apart from one small yellow fruit (not growing much) all I seem to
have is male flowers.

Most of the other stuff semms fine - the cucumbers and gherkins are
starting to produce - but not the courgettes.

Is this normal, or am I doing something bad?

TIA
Dave R

South facing patio, Suffolk.

Old 15-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article , "David W.E. Roberts" writes:
| Hi,
|
| after only germinating 3 out of 32 seeds, I now have my courgettes (two
| yellow, one green) out on the patio and aparrently growing strongly.
|
| Hoever apart from one small yellow fruit (not growing much) all I seem to
| have is male flowers.
|
| Most of the other stuff semms fine - the cucumbers and gherkins are
| starting to produce - but not the courgettes.
|
| Is this normal, or am I doing something bad?

No. Pretty well all of the squashes don't start female flowers
until well after they start the male ones.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.