GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Zantedeschia "Hercules" (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/67292-re-zantedeschia-hercules.html)

Bob Hobden 26-06-2004 05:59 AM

Zantedeschia "Hercules"

"Ford wrote in message
You have Hercules? ((snip))

No, I don't, however I'm not so sure about those big ones in my neighbours
garden. Will ask when I see her.

--
Regards
Bob

Sacha 26-06-2004 06:01 AM

Zantedeschia "Hercules"

On 23/6/04 20:04, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

I brought back some (not Herculean) zantedeschia from Madeira and
potted them up, I'd like to decant them into the garden but not sure how
much winter wet they can stand. Should I offer them a soggy spot in the
bog garden, or something drier?

Janet.

Mine are in the pond all year round, froze solid this winter but still
flowering well (my garden is too dry for planting them in the soil)

And we have Zantedeschia both in the pond all winter and at the bottom of
the garden where they are either dried right out or half drowned. But the
ones in the pond get going faster and probably do better overall. So soggy
is good.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)

Ford Prefect 26-06-2004 12:49 PM

Zantedeschia "Hercules"

Thanks Bob, look forward to hearing from you.
Ford.