GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Nelly Moser (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/67359-nelly-moser.html)

Joanne 26-06-2004 11:52 AM

Nelly Moser

Now that my Nelly Moser has finished flowering, if I cut off all the fluffy
seedheads and give it a trim, will it flower again later on. Or do I just
leave the thing alone?

Thanks

Emrys Davies 26-06-2004 11:53 AM

Nelly Moser

'Joanne',

It will bloom again in September. Prune lightly in the spring. The
seed heads are decorative and are best left in place. It is not usual
to deadhead clematis.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

dave @ stejonda 26-06-2004 11:53 AM

Nelly Moser

In message y1%Cc.41$6r.37@newsfe2-win, Joanne
writes
Now that my Nelly Moser has finished flowering, if I cut off all the fluffy
seedheads and give it a trim, will it flower again later on.

I've never read of needing to prune the seedheads from clemmy's.

Or do I just
leave the thing alone?

Regular liquid feeding will increase Nelly's flowering performance
later.

--
dave @ stejonda
Bring culture back to NTL.

Douglas 28-06-2004 12:13 PM

Nelly Moser

"Joanne" wrote in message
Now that my Nelly Moser has finished flowering, if I cut off all the

fluffy
seedheads and give it a trim, will it flower again later on. Or do I just
leave the thing alone?

Thanks

******
I live in the north-west and though Nelly is an early flowerer here we don't
get a repeat later on.
Nelly, IMO is not as supreme as it is trumpeted.
It is too early and the colours don't last, it fades fast in the sun.
Doug.