Old 28-06-2004, 10:14 PM
ross

Default Tayberry Bush

Good evening,

I planted a tayberry cutting a couple of years ago, which has grown up
against the fencing at the back of the garden.

This year (and last year incidentally) all of the branches that had leaves
last year have been eaten away, each leaf with a series of VERY small holes,
that when combined result in only the 'skeleton' of the leaf being present.

Has anyone got an idea what is causing this?

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Andrew

Old 28-06-2004, 11:15 PM
Brian

"ross" wrote in message ...
Good evening,

I planted a tayberry cutting a couple of years ago, which has grown up
against the fencing at the back of the garden.

This year (and last year incidentally) all of the branches that had leaves
last year have been eaten away, each leaf with a series of VERY small

holes,
that when combined result in only the 'skeleton' of the leaf being

present.

Has anyone got an idea what is causing this?

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Andrew

--------------------
Gooseberry Sawfly. Will not kill the plant---new leaves will
eventually grow. This can be a perennial problem.
Brian.

Old 30-06-2004, 12:08 AM
ross

"Brian" wrote in message

"ross" wrote in message

Good evening,

I planted a tayberry cutting a couple of years ago, which has grown up
against the fencing at the back of the garden.

This year (and last year incidentally) all of the branches that had

leaves
last year have been eaten away, each leaf with a series of VERY small

holes,
that when combined result in only the 'skeleton' of the leaf being

present.

Has anyone got an idea what is causing this?

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Andrew

--------------------
Gooseberry Sawfly. Will not kill the plant---new leaves will
eventually grow. This can be a perennial problem.
Brian.

Brian,

Many thanks for that.

I looked this up on the 'net and, amongst other things, found these links:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...rry_sawfly.asp

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net...es/000067.html

Have to admit that I couldn't find any presence of the sawfly, but it
appears to be a problem that has to be caught early in the season - I'll
look out for them next spring!

Once again, many thanks.

Cheers,

Andrew

Tayberry experts mogga United Kingdom 22 04-04-2009 10:26 PM
Tayberry growing and pruning etc Colin Jacobs United Kingdom 2 21-12-2006 09:08 PM
Support for a tayberry Sueba United Kingdom 3 30-09-2006 04:44 PM
Thornless tayberry Kay United Kingdom 3 26-07-2004 07:03 PM
Is my Tayberry sick? Andy H United Kingdom 4 24-07-2004 09:03 PM