GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Siiiiiinging in the rain (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/78159-siiiiiinging-rain.html)

Victoria Clare 02-07-2004 02:02 PM

Siiiiiinging in the rain

It is absolutely tipping it down. The grass is growing, growing, GROWING,
and the snails are doing a raindance.

I haven't visited my beans, but I bet they've been slugged back to stalks.
My Tricyrtis formosana toad lily certainly has :-(.

The rabbits are sitting in their bedroom, demanding packeted rabbit-food so
they don't get their furry feet wet, so even the grass in the rabbit run
needs mowing!

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall

Robert 02-07-2004 05:03 PM

Siiiiiinging in the rain

. 240.24...
:
: I haven't visited my beans, but I bet they've been slugged back to stalks.
: My Tricyrtis formosana toad lily certainly has :-(.
:
: The rabbits are sitting in their bedroom, demanding packeted rabbit-food
so
: they don't get their furry feet wet, so even the grass in the rabbit run
: needs mowing!
:
: Victoria
: --
: gardening on a north-facing hill
: in South-East Cornwall
: --
Yes you're right, I'm across the river from you but the weather is the same

Spider 02-07-2004 06:02 PM

Siiiiiinging in the rain

Robert wrote in message

[...]

Same here in SE London. The rain hammered down so hard around the house
that it frightened my kitten.
It's sunny now! {:-)
Spider

Janet Baraclough.. 02-07-2004 07:06 PM

Siiiiiinging in the rain

The message . 24
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

It is absolutely tipping it down. The grass is growing, growing, GROWING,
and the snails are doing a raindance.

On Wednesday morning, we had a downpour that dumped nearly two inches
of water in me wheelbarrow. In the adjoining field and my neighbour's
garden, areas of turf about a metre across were pushed up in a dome
about a metre across from the force of springs underneath, and sank back
down when it stopped.

Cause for singing...an elderly neighbour has asked me to take away the
entire contents of their overflowing compostheap, and put it on my
garden.

Janet.