GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Globe Artichokes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/78975-globe-artichokes.html)

[email protected] 14-07-2004 01:40 PM

Globe Artichokes

This message has been posted by: Aengus Stewart

I have an allotment in London

We harvested the artichokes a while ago now, but I vaguely remember somethings about cutting them to nearly ground level to get a second crop.

Is this advisable in SE England.

Also this is the 3rd year for the plants - should I take side shoots and ditch the old plants?

I ask this as while 2-3 of the plants have done quite well the other 3-4 are looking straggly.

Cheers
Aengus

ps Any body got tips on growing Bulb Fennel?