Old 15-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Stewart Devereux

Default Mountfield v Honda lawnmowers

Off to my local B+Q to buy a petrol lawnmover. Want one that will add
strips. Two options a Honda for £299 or the Mountfield for £349. This has a
roller, the Honda a "stripping rubber strip". The Honda has a smaller
cutting width. Which one would people recommend ?
--
Regards,
Stu Devereux.

Old 15-07-2004, 01:42 PM
atwifa

Off to my local B+Q to buy a petrol lawnmover. Want one that will add
strips. Two options a Honda for £299 or the Mountfield for £349. This has
roller, the Honda a "stripping rubber strip". The Honda has a smaller
cutting width. Which one would people recommend ?

i could not recommend a mountfield, as i have yet to come across one with a
metal deck. the honda (i presume) would have a metal deck; if not, then
avoid. the plastic decks as used by mountfield seem to have the habit of
distorting, splitting etc.

my advice would be: buy a hayter ;-)

i've been up though the field, from £200 'bargain' rigs to my present hayter
harrier 48, which cost the thick end of £700. only thing i can say is - i
wish i'd spent that £700 a long time back, and saved all the grief in
between.

i also use a honda ride-on, a relatively old 2213: honda seem to make
quality gear. although i realise it's all subjective.

HTH

Old 21-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Robert

In message , atwifa
writes
[...]

I have used a Honda Izy for the last 3 years - no problems, always
starts first time. It has a powder coated steel deck which seems
somewhat tougher than painted steel.
--
Robert