Old 15-07-2004, 06:03 PM
John Griffiths

Default Help - Virginia Creeper

I have tried on three occasions to grow Virginia Creeper up against a
wall of my house but each time the plant failed.
I planted each plant in good quality compost in a large tub - the last
plant did start to climb but then suddenly 'folded'.
Any ideas where I am going wrong
Lynne
--
Lynne Griffiths
Baxenden U.K. http://www.johngriffiths.co.uk

Old 16-07-2004, 04:14 AM

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:29:00 +0100, John Griffiths
wrote:

I have tried on three occasions to grow Virginia Creeper up against a
wall of my house but each time the plant failed.
I planted each plant in good quality compost in a large tub - the last
plant did start to climb but then suddenly 'folded'.
Any ideas where I am going wrong
Lynne
--
Lynne Griffiths
Baxenden U.K. http://www.johngriffiths.co.uk

We have had ours a long time growing up the side of the garage.
Maybe yours fails because its in a tub. I don't believe it is
suitable for container growing. We hack ours back late in the year
or early Spring and it always comes back growing like mad although
the climbing hydrangea seems to be winning the battle for space.
Maybe that would be OK growing in a big tub.
Diana