Old 16-07-2004, 12:19 AM
VivienB

Default Birds hitting window

You know that certainty you have seen something somewhere, but cannot
find it, however hard you try? That's me, right now!

Quite recently, I saw a discussion of how to make windows a visual
barrier to birds. The usual black stick-on silhouettes were mentioned,
but someone suggested something that struck me as more attractive and
possibly more effective. However, as we have rarely had such a
problem, I didn't bother keeping the information. In the last week or
two we have had a spate of birds crashing into a window where it is
possible to see a narrow band of another window on the other side of
the house. Of course, now I cannot find what seemed such a good idea
when I read it, having googled this newsgroup and others and also
looked in other places I thought possible. Can anyone help?

Regards, VivienB

Old 16-07-2004, 02:19 AM
VivienB

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:15:24 +0200, "Esmeh"
wrote:

Quite recently, I saw a discussion of how to make windows a visual
barrier to birds. The usual black stick-on silhouettes were mentioned,
but someone suggested something that struck me as more attractive and
possibly more effective.

cd's ?

Thanks for that, I am happy to use CDs for bird scaring in the garden,
but not really to my taste around windows. In the discussion I saw,
someone mentioned streamers and I think it was the response to that
idea was the one I am searching for.

Regards, VivienB
Old 16-07-2004, 02:19 AM
Franz Heymann

"VivienB" wrote in message
[...]

Net curtains does the trick.

Franz

Old 16-07-2004, 02:19 AM

wrote:

Quite recently, I saw a discussion of how to make windows a visual
barrier to birds. The usual black stick-on silhouettes were mentioned,
but someone suggested something that struck me as more attractive and
possibly more effective.

cd's ?

Thanks for that, I am happy to use CDs for bird scaring in the garden,
but not really to my taste around windows. In the discussion I saw,
someone mentioned streamers and I think it was the response to that
idea was the one I am searching for.

Silly Moo actually scares birds away by flapping her arms up and down
whilst playing her Rudi Carol CDs, but that's another story :-)
--
Martin

Old 16-07-2004, 03:14 AM
Kate Morgan

snip
two we have had a spate of birds crashing into a window where it is
possible to see a narrow band of another window on the other side of
the house. Of course, now I cannot find what seemed such a good idea
when I read it, having googled this newsgroup and others and also
looked in other places I thought possible. Can anyone help?

I recently had a problem with a crow tapping on my bedroom window, it
was decided that it was probably a territory thing, reflection etc.
Much as I hate net curtains I put some very fine nets up and the tapping
has stopped.
kate

Old 16-07-2004, 05:19 AM
Esmeh

wrote:

Quite recently, I saw a discussion of how to make windows a visual
barrier to birds. The usual black stick-on silhouettes were mentioned,
but someone suggested something that struck me as more attractive and
possibly more effective.

cd's ?

Thanks for that, I am happy to use CDs for bird scaring in the garden,
but not really to my taste around windows. In the discussion I saw,
someone mentioned streamers and I think it was the response to that
idea was the one I am searching for.

Silly Moo actually scares birds away by flapping her arms up and down
whilst playing her Rudi Carol CDs, but that's another story :-)
--
Martin

That's the last time I will lay myself bare to you!

Meh

Old 16-07-2004, 09:14 AM
JennyC

wrote:

Quite recently, I saw a discussion of how to make windows a visual
barrier to birds. The usual black stick-on silhouettes were mentioned,
but someone suggested something that struck me as more attractive and
possibly more effective.

cd's ?

Thanks for that, I am happy to use CDs for bird scaring in the garden,
but not really to my taste around windows. In the discussion I saw,
someone mentioned streamers and I think it was the response to that
idea was the one I am searching for.
Regards, VivienB

I didn't see the thread but maybe one of those fly curtain things you hang up in
doorways would work?
jenny

Old 16-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Stanley

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
snip
two we have had a spate of birds crashing into a window where it is
possible to see a narrow band of another window on the other side of
the house. Of course, now I cannot find what seemed such a good idea
when I read it, having googled this newsgroup and others and also
looked in other places I thought possible. Can anyone help?

They leave a beautiful print of themselves on the glass, especially the

pigeons!

Sue

---

Old 16-07-2004, 09:15 AM

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:33:15 +0200, "Esmeh"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Quite recently, I saw a discussion of how to make windows a visual
barrier to birds. The usual black stick-on silhouettes were mentioned,
but someone suggested something that struck me as more attractive and
possibly more effective.

cd's ?

Thanks for that, I am happy to use CDs for bird scaring in the garden,
but not really to my taste around windows. In the discussion I saw,
someone mentioned streamers and I think it was the response to that
idea was the one I am searching for.

Silly Moo actually scares birds away by flapping her arms up and down
whilst playing her Rudi Carol CDs, but that's another story :-)
--
Martin

That's the last time I will lay myself bare to you!

Sing along with Silly Moo?
http://home.pages.at/blacky/schlager/sommer.html
--
Martin

Old 21-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Mike Lyle

"Stanley" wrote in message ...
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
snip
two we have had a spate of birds crashing into a window where it is
possible to see a narrow band of another window on the other side of
the house. Of course, now I cannot find what seemed such a good idea
when I read it, having googled this newsgroup and others and also
looked in other places I thought possible. Can anyone help?

They leave a beautiful print of themselves on the glass, especially the

pigeons!

Has somebody been watching too much 'Tom & Jerry'?

Mike.
Old 21-07-2004, 09:31 PM
JennyC

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
om...
"Stanley" wrote in message

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
snip
two we have had a spate of birds crashing into a window where it is
possible to see a narrow band of another window on the other side of
the house. Of course, now I cannot find what seemed such a good idea
when I read it, having googled this newsgroup and others and also
looked in other places I thought possible. Can anyone help?

They leave a beautiful print of themselves on the glass, especially the

pigeons!

Has somebody been watching too much 'Tom & Jerry'?
Mike.

No, pigeons seem to be very dusty birds and do indeed leave a perfect 'print' of
their outline and feathers on the glass. It's rather pretty ...........
Jenny

Old 21-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Sue

[...]

The first time we had we left the window uncleaned for ages!!
Sue

---