Old 21-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Mr Green

Default Who is Eating My Laurels?

Hi,

Does anyone know what is most likely responsible for eating my laurels?
Just about every leaf has been chewed to some degree.

I am unable to see any insects other than wasps that appear to be attracted
to something on the backs of the leaves.

Thanks.

Old 21-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Brian

"Mr Green" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know what is most likely responsible for eating my laurels?
Just about every leaf has been chewed to some degree.

I am unable to see any insects other than wasps that appear to be

attracted
to something on the backs of the leaves.

Thanks.
-----------------------
Minute 'Scale Insects' are most likely to blame. A diagnostic

characteristic is to feel for stickiness under the leaf.
The wasps will be feeding on their exudations.
Best Wishes Brian.

Old 21-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Mr Green

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message

"Mr Green" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know what is most likely responsible for eating my laurels?
Just about every leaf has been chewed to some degree.

I am unable to see any insects other than wasps that appear to be

attracted
to something on the backs of the leaves.

Thanks.
-----------------------
Minute 'Scale Insects' are most likely to blame. A

diagnostic
characteristic is to feel for stickiness under the leaf.
The wasps will be feeding on their exudations.
Best Wishes Brian.

Thanks Brian.
I have just checked and can feel no stickiness.

Old 21-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Mr Green

Here's an image a chewed leaf:

http://www.cxcustom.fsnet.co.uk/chewed.htm

Thanks.

Old 21-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Brian

"Mr Green" wrote in message
Here's an image a chewed leaf:

http://www.cxcustom.fsnet.co.uk/chewed.htm

Thanks.

Looks very similar to the damage done by 'saw flies' though have
not had them on Nobilis myself.
A good picture~~ have no idea how to send such. Have 5m digital
etc. but lack brain cells!
Sorry can be no more help.
Regards Brian.