Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Sacha

Default OT-ish Hummingbird Hawk Moth

Last year quite a few of us remarked that we had seen Hummingbird Hawk Moths
in our gardens and that this was due to the long, hot period at the end of
summer. But now I'm wondering if they will have produced young and if so,
when we should expect to see them? I haven't seen any of their gigantic
cocoons which, I'm guessing, would be on or near a favoured food source?
I've suddenly thought of this while looking out of the window at Salvia
involucrata which seemed to be a great favourite of theirs.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk