Old 22-07-2004, 01:05 AM
les

Default Flying Black Beetles

For the past few weeks all of the flowers in my garden (irrespective of
colour) have been infested with small black flying beetles. I have tried
spraying them with soapy water and insectacides but to no effect.

I live in the North East of England where the weather has been quite cool
and damp. Has anyone any idea what these are and how I can control them?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Old 24-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Derek Turner

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:17:40 +0100, "les"
wrote:

For the past few weeks all of the flowers in my garden (irrespective of
colour) have been infested with small black flying beetles. I have tried
spraying them with soapy water and insectacides but to no effect.

I live in the North East of England where the weather has been quite cool
and damp. Has anyone any idea what these are and how I can control them?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Yes, we've got them too in the East midlands. My 'expert' local
friends tell me that they are 'rape beetle' Not sure if they do any
harm. This is the first year I've really noticed them. Something to do
with the weather?